Samba Rhythm Bounce
The Samba Rhythm Bounce is Newcomer Level figure. This online reference gives a detailed description of the dance steps, including timing, and movement, technique; a list of figures that may precede or follow the pattern; and videos providing instruction and demonstration of the figure, techniques and practice routines that include it.
Man and Lady:
- Normally used to start the dance or achieve good phasing.
- Start with weight on either LF or RF. Repeat movement for the desired number of counts to suit musical phasing.
- Can start with maintaining both weight on standing leg and foot position, e.g after any Bota Fogo action.
- Maintain weight on standing leg, moving free leg to side or diagonally back position, e.g after a Whisk.
- Dancing a weight change by stepping side or diagonally forward, e.g. after Traveling Volta (start on count "1").
- When standing in place to use Rhythm bounce to start the dance:
- When starting the dance, face partner,
- Man L leg forward w/ bent knee, R leg straight
- Lady mirror opposite, left hip twisted to back, hip up.
- Back foot heel should be lifted.
- When 'bouncing', it's a swinging motion. Swing pelvis softly forward and back. Just swing the hip back, don't think too much about straightening front knee (it will become more straighten naturally); keep the leg behind straight.
- going back: front leg becomes straight. Extend the back R leg, crunch the side, lift the left hip to give it a longer line.
- going forward: it's more like diagonally fwd, it's swinging to bottom and then pushing right hip up/fwd.
- The swinging motion is more diagonal than just straight front and back.
- Head should stay fairly flat, do not pop.