Rumba Side Steps
These are Newcomer Level figures. This online reference gives a
detailed description of dance steps; a
list of figures that may precede or follow the pattern; and videos
providing instruction and demonstration of the figure, techniques and
practice routines that include it.
Rumba Side Steps are very much the same as Cha Cha Cha Side Steps
- When previous figure ends with feet apart, brush foot.
- L to R hand hold may be used.
- Side Step to Left commenced with LF: When L to R hand hold is used, step 3 may be turned to end in Open PP (Man 1/8 L, Lady 1/8 R). (Side step to Right commenced with RF is similar.)
- Side Step may be curved to L or R.
- One coach says the way he dances it is a bit different (but flows better):
- Delay hip twist - not do it on 41, but on the next 2, twist hip and step the other foot at the same time. The heel of the swiveling foot stay lifted.