Welcome! DanceCentral.info is the place to find dance information!
Ballroom dance refers to a set of partner dances that can be danced socially or competitively. There are different styles of dance, including:
- International style ballroom
- American style ballroom
- American Smooth: Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz
- American Rhythm: Cha Cha, Rumba, East Coast Swing, Bolero, Mambo
- Club (social) and other dances:
- West Coast Swing, Salsa, Nightclub two step, Hustle, Merengue, Lindy Hop, Bachata, Argentine Tango, etc.
The Wikipedia entry
has a lot of information about Ballroom Dance in general. This website is built by dancers for dancers, aiming to provide online resources for different styles of dancing.
- ISTD syllabus online training: dance figure descriptions, timing, footwork, alignment, technique notes, choreography, etc.
- Dance exercises, International Standard Technique, International Latin Technique
- Dance resources and articles, for example, etiquette, dance floor, shoes, a dancer's blog on dance patterns, technique, news, and more.