|Welcome to DanceCentral.info, the place to find dance information!
Ballroom dance refers to a set of partner dances that can be danced socially or competitively. This website is built by dancers for dancers, aiming to provide online resources for various styles of dancing. The levels of the figures and patterns ranging from newcomer to advanced Gold level. Topics include steps, footwork, timing, technique, variations in each dance.
Styles of dancing:
- International style ballroom
- American style ballroom
- American Smooth: Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz
- American Rhythm: Cha Cha, Rumba, East Coast Swing, Bolero, Mambo
- Club (social) and other dances:
- West Coast Swing, Salsa, Nightclub two step, Hustle, Merengue, Lindy Hop, Bachata, Argentine Tango, etc.
The Wikipedia entry
has a lot of information about Ballroom Dance in general.
- ISTD syllabus online training: dance figure descriptions, timing, footwork, alignment, technique notes, choreography, etc.
- Dance exercises, International Standard Technique, International Latin Technique
- Dance resources and articles, for example, alignment diagram, etiquette, dance floor, shoes, a dancer's blog on dance patterns, technique, news, and more.