- Contraction is in the core, do not engage shoulder and upper body, avoid scrunching upper body.
- Rhythm Bounce (56)
Samba Walk: Stationary (7a8)
- Man facing long wall, man's right leg back, lady's left leg back
- Extend the leg, crunch the side, lift the hip to give it a longer line.
- Bigger lounge.
Criss Cross Bota Fogos (1a2 3a4 5a6 7a8)
- Contract center to pull leg before "7".
- Lady: On "7": need to put weight on LF, switch knee, emphasis is on the position where R knee crosses in front of L knee. (not the other way around)
Man: Samba Walk: Stationary (1a2) Lady: Underarm Turn to Right (1a2).
- Don't scrunch upper body. Contract core only.
- Lady Styling (matching Man):
- 1a2 arm to side; 3a4 arm up. Repeat
- 5a6: arm to side; 7a8: arm up, almost facing Man, prepare for underarm turn
- Lady: shoulders - keep quiet, not going up and down.
Samba Walk in PP: RF, LF (3a4 5a6)
- End facing partner and spot. Don't over turn to next samba walk. It should look like an underarm turn, not a 3 step turn
Samba Walk: Side (7a8)Foot Change 3: Promenade or Open Promenade to Right Shadow Position (1a2).
- Lady: turn 1/2 to R, LF fwd to Promenade walk, down LOD.
- Make sure RF does not go to side, it should be back (to be the same as Man). It only goes to side when it's side samba walk.
- Lady: when LH connects with Man, make sure it's Latin style, not Standard style.
Shadow Traveling Volta commenced with RF (a3a4)
- Lady almost turns 1 and a half, a lot of turn, may not make it to face wall, can use next figure to get to facing wall.
Traveling Bota Fogos Forward (5a6 7a8)
- travel down LOD, facing wall
- Lady: look to the audience, arms should not be static. a1: R arm quickly in, then takes the whole a2a3a4 to extend it out to right.
Shadow Traveling Volta commenced with LF (1a2a3a4)
- turning L to travel down LOD.
- Lady: foot keep going fwd (not back to step on Man)
- Lady's arms: starting from R arm out, "5a6": in and out to side; "7a8": in and up next to face.
Foot Change 2: Right Shadow Position To Closed Position (5a6)
- curving turning corner, ending facing center on new LOD.
- Lady's arms: "a1": quickly draw R arm in; "a2a3a4" slowing extending R arm out.
Samba Walk: Stationary (7a8)Reverse Turn (1a2)
- on "5": lady turn 1/4 to R, RF fwd (bigger step to give man room), facing LOD
- on "a": LF fwd bigger step, then turn 1/2 to R to face partner,
- on "6": RF crosses in front of LF, facing partner
Reverse Turn (3a4)
- Open Hold, shaping Man's left; lady's head turn to R.
Reverse Turn (5a6) turning corner
- Close Hold, no shaping, Lady's head L. LF crosses in front of RF.
Whisk To Right (7a8)Whisk To Left (1a2) with Lady's UAT Closed Rocks (34& 56& 78&)Reverse Turn (1a2 3a4)Closed Rocks (56& 78& 12&)Corta Jaca (34&5&6&)
- man turns left hand out for shaping, ending Man facing new LOD
Solo Spot Volta to Left (Lady to Right) (7a8) Hamburger volta
- "3": Lady's LF back.
- Shoulders: quiet, not going up and down
Traveling Volta to Right (a1a2)
- Lady starts turning to R, RF fwd, don't come all the way back to hold, when turning both arms are in.
- L arm don't go all the way out to side till finishing the next 2 counts of Volta.
Solo Spot Volta to Right (Lady to Left) (3a4)Samba Walk: Stationary (5a6)
- Lady travels to left, meet at end, man's RH to lady's LH
Bota Fogos To Promenade and Counter Promenade (7a8 1a2)
- Foot together, stationary samba walk.
Samba Walk: Stationary (3a4)
- Lady's head turns to left on counter promenade, then to right on promenade position.
Criss Cross Voltas (5a6a7a8 1a2a3a4)
- don't cross feet. It's stationary Samba Walk.
Samba Walk: Stationary (5a6 7a8)
- Front knee should not be flexed all the time. There is the time when both legs are straight. Front foot then slide (stay straight) in front, then bend it.
Repeat from Criss Cross Bota Fogos.